A Dairy Story
Now available in paperback on-demand from Amazon, see Our Book for links and details of local stockists.
'A Dairy Story' is the story of the transformation of our farm, from conventional farm to an cow-with-calf, organic, 100% pasture, regenerative dairy.
It's a memoir, which means that it's also David and Wilma's personal story. It's the story of how they met, the businesses they created, the motivations behind the changes they introduced, and their hopes for the future.
For David and Wilma Finlay, the standard farming industry practice of separating newly born dairy calves from their mother was becoming a problem.
The sound of cows bawling and questions from visitors to their farm, plus their own growing alarm about climate change and the environment, prompted them to question everything the farming experts insisted must be done.
Together, they embarked on a radical twenty-five year transformation, and the biggest change of all? Keeping the dairy cows and their calves together.
A Dairy Story is the full, no holds barred story of their journey from conventional dairy farming to an organic, 100% pasture, regenerative, cow-with-calf dairy that’s now at the forefront of a global movement to transform an industry.
Deeply personal and searingly honest, A Dairy Story is the story of a marriage, a farm, a business, and a fierce determination to change things for the better.
- "Heart-breaking yet hopeful - a true tale of determination and indefatigable passion for a goal." Sue Lawrence, Author
- "The deeply personal story of two quiet, determined visionaries who saw how the world could be different, then went about changing it." Karen Campbell, Author
- "When future agriculture students learn about the transformation of dairy farming in the 2030s, this will be required reading." Pete Ritchie, Food Campaigner
- "This is a tale of resilience, conviction, courage and sensitivity, and it is told with startling honesty." Helen Browning, CEO, Soil Association & Organic Farmer
Hardback book. 264 pages.
Orders of 'A Dairy Story' that also include cheese will mean that the book will be wrapped to minimise condensation.
Please do not select 'plastic free' at checkout if you are placing an order that includes the book as well as cheese wedges.
Please select your preferred delivery date during checkout.
We dispatch orders twice a week, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For same week delivery, please place your order by 1pm on Tuesday.
You can schedule your delivery in advance, although some products, such as Garnie, have restricted dispatch windows.
- Taster, Mini Taster & Selection Packs and Cheesy Night In - Free
- Order value of £40 or over - Free
- Order value below £40 - £8
Delivery to some postcodes can take 2-5 days. Delivery to Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, and some Scottish Island postcodes is only possible where the parcel weight is below 1.5kg. For full details, please see the Delivery page